VCCA, How Does Your Garden Grow?

With Leigh Allen behind the tiller, that's how! The VCCA's unofficial Resident Husband (married to Communications Director Amy Allen), Leigh has been hard at work in his garden planting lettuce mixes, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, beans and edible flowers. A veritable supermarket of produce will follow all spring and summer--corn, peppers, okra, squash, eggplant, and much, much more--providing a bounty of freshness for the VCCA dining room. And thanks to Cora, Mike, Bruce and David, Chef Rhonda now has a kitchen herb garden right outside her window. Basil and parsley and mint. . .oh my!

Comments

Karen Bell said…
Hooray! I'm so glad to see Leigh in action, I mean see a garden underway!!
Here's a thought - lots of us are gardeners. Would it make sense to have fellows who long for their garden pitch in?
I know I would be happy to do some weeding - if my back allows.
Can't wait to see for myself!
kb

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger: C.M. Mayo

VCCA and Sweet Briar College Enter Long-Range Planning Process

The Auvillar Community Connection