Shoshanna Ahart's Love Letter to VCCA

Shoshanna Ahart's new exhibition is being described as a love letter to VCCA and to Eichstätt, Germany. "Coming Home" includes paintings done during her residency at Mt. San Angelo last summer, along with paintings of her new home—the town of Eichstätt.

An American artist, Shoshanna now lives in Germany with her husband, whom she met in VCCA's international exchange program with the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus in Schwandorf in 1995. "I owe my whole German experience, really my life here in Germany, to VCCA. Without the opportunities they gave me, I would never have come to Bavaria."

Her return residency to Amherst, Virginia, last summer brings her full circle.
"I felt so happy after almost 20 years to return to VCCA," said Shoshanna, "but at the end of my stay, I was homesick for Altmühital."

"Coming Home" exhibition through May 22, 2012
Informationszentrum Naturpark Altmühital 
Notre Dame 1
85072 Eichstätt (Bavaria)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger: C.M. Mayo

VCCA and Sweet Briar College Enter Long-Range Planning Process

The Auvillar Community Connection